Image Map

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes


Once again I am honoring my good friends of the Summer.... Blueberries!!!


This time I will be sharing with you one of my all time favorite pancake recipes....Sour Cream Pancakes with Blueberries - deeeeeelish!  The pancakes are light and fluffy and FULL of flavor.  The sour cream really does wonders to the batter....it's like the secret ingredient to the batter. :-)

 The beauty of this recipe is that you can easy switch up the blueberries for other berries or fruit or just make the pancakes plain without any extra add-ins.

Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
(recipe from Ree Drummond's cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks)
*makes twelve 4" pancakes*

Ingredients:



1 cup sour cream

7 Tbsp flour (yes, only 7 Tbsp's!!)

1 Tbsp sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 large eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup blueberries - fresh or frozen

Butter and Maple Syrup

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl scoop in sour cream then add in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt....


....Mix to combine - very gently.  Stop short of mixing the batter together completely....you want the pancakes to have some interesting texture.

2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl...


....then add the vanilla extract...


...and stir to combine.

3. Pour egg/vanilla extract mixture into the sour cream/flour mixture...


...Once again gently mix just until combined.  A little white and yellow swirling is great!

4.  Fold in blueberries....


5. Heat up iron skillet or griddle over medium-low heat with a pat of butter or cooking spray (I prefer butter in this case for the yummy flavor).  You want the skillet to get nice and hot before you pour the batter into the pan....about a 1/4 cup at a time.   Cook for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes, then flip the pancakes over.  Cook for another 45 seconds....

 

.....then remove to plate and embellish with butter and warm maple syrup....


....Continue with remaining batter - adding butter to skillet when needed before adding in more pancake batter.  Be careful not to burn the butter!!


Happy Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes Making!

This post has been linked to...

Mommy's Kitchen - Pot Luck Sunday



8 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO all over this. Like tomorrow morning, SERIOUSLY! This looks divine....can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm. Finally have time to see what everyone's been up to. Love that blueberry cheesecake too, and that chicken!! Love what I've missed!
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this looks SO good, and those blueberries you picked are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing! Wish I had a handy blueberry bush like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love blueberry anything! I gotta try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my husband sees these he'll be wanting me to make them NOW, lol. He just loves pancakes for breakfast. Thank you for adding this recipe to Cookbook Sundays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the blueberries are really gorgeous! My frozen ones looks so pitiful! The pancakes looks good. I would love to drizzle some honey...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So....I got to your blog via a cookie link from the 12 week's of Christmas cookies I did week one of (in my defense, I didn't know about it, and already had other 'stuff' set to post, does that count). Anyway, I started clicking after hunting down the perfect recipe for a cookie exchange, I saw there were a few recipes you and I both enjoy (pecan pie muffins...heaven help me, I love making those), and I knew this was my place. I've now tagged about 15 recipes, and I'm way back here in August, but I had to stop and say I love your blog, and I was excited to follow because you've got just the right balance of carb to healthy ratio for me. :O) Can't wait to keep clicking back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis