Image Map

Monday, November 26, 2012

Nutella Drop Cookies (November's Secret Recipe Club)

 For the month of November I had the honor of meeting Sally from Bewitching Kitchen through the Secret Recipe Club.  I have often seen her gorgeous food throughout my travels in food blogging and have admired her adventure and passion that she shares with her food and her stories on her blog.  She is originally from Brazil but has had the opportunity to live in Paris, France along with the U.S. in California so her exposure to delicious foods has a very wide range.  You can see this clearly in her recipes that she shares with all of her tasty Brazillian recipes to her gorgeous breads - many of which came inspired from her life in France. 

Unfortunately, my time was limited in the kitchen today.  If I had had more time I would have made Sally's gorgeous Cinnamon Wreath bread.  Instead I made her delicious and very simple Nutella Drop Cookies.
 
 
 
 
 
In a jiffy these cookies came to life with just a few ingredients.  And as my oldest daughter exclaimed so well, "my goodness those cookies look like scoops of ice cream!"  As they did!  They held their "ice cream" shape perfectly even after they were baked.
 
 
 
 
A batch of these cookies would go perfectly with a hot cup of tea on a cold Winter night.  Tender in texture and sweet on the tongue.  I know you will enjoy this recipe just as much as I did!
 
 
 
 
Nutella Drop Cookies  
(recipe from Bewitching Kitchen)
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature
powdered sugar for dusting
 
Directions:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheets with parchement paper and set aside.
 
2. Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy - about 3-4 mintues.  Add in vanilla extract and mix to combine.
 
3. Gradually add in flour until combined and then the Nutella.
 
4. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon or a small cookie scoop onto prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookie edges start to flatten slightly. Cool cookies 5 minutes before removing from sheets.  Once cookies are completely cooled dust with powdered sugar if you wish.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
Happy Nutella Drop Cookie Baking!


11 comments:

  1. YOU GOT MY BLOG!!!!! YOU GOT MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!! How cool! I am soooo happy, doing the happy happy happy dance here!

    Glad you enjoyed those cookies, I am a Nutella-cheerleader, and it's about time I buy another bottle and work on it ;-)

    Happy Reveal Day! Thanks for the great write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I've never put nutella in cookies, but it seems like a fabulous idea! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look gorgeous and delicious.

    Happy reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's a pretty simple addition, but I absolutely LOVE the powdered sugar finish! It adds so much, in my opinion. These look and sound delicious, gonna have to try soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do look delicious. I have everything to make them--dangerous! Great SRC pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to bake these cookies when I first saw them on Sally's blog, and you have just reminded me of them again! They look so delicious! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how short the ingredient list is...and anything with Nutella is always a winner with me..Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love nutella and I love cookies! These would be perfect for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge Nutella fan -- great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at Nutella...I am so hopelessly addicted to the stuff! I love how puffy those cookies are!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis