Image Map

Monday, October 6, 2014

Maple Almond Granola


I have discovered and perfected a recipe for granola that I am completely smitten with. Head over heals, in-love I say.   The simplicity of how to make it, the ingredients are fantastic (um yeah - oats, dried fruit and chopped nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and spices all make my heart happy) and the taste are all just divine. 



I like to have my granola is all different ways.  I sprinkle it over fruit and yogurt.  Sometimes (well, most of the time I should say) I eat it by the handful.  I have also been known to bake with it, tossing into cookie batter or over fruit to make a crisp.  BUT I think my all time favorite, favorite way to eat granola is fresh out of the oven with milk, a spoon and a bowl.  How about you?  How do you like to eat your granola? 


Jolie - my dear oldest daughter - likes her granola any way she can get it.  Especially straight off of my camera shot! I do have to point out that granola is also a wonderful gift to give to others.  Make up a big batch and package it up in pretty bags with a ribbon and such.  Your friends, family, neighbors and long lost friends will adore you even more once being handed such a gift. 


Maple Almond Granola  
(slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

Ingredients -

3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt  
1 cup whole almonds - divided
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
6 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract 
1 cup dried fruit (raisins, chopped apricots, chopped dates etc.) 

Directions -

1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.


2. In a large bowl combine oats, cinnamon and salt.  Roughly chop 1/2 cup of almonds and add to oat mixture.  Mix well all together.  Set aside.

3. In a medium saucepan melt coconut oil.  Add in maple syrup and honey once coconut oil has melted.  Cook and stir until all are combined.  Remove pan from heat and add in vanilla and almond extract.  Stir to combine.  

4. Pour warm liquid over oat mixture. Gently stir all together.  Pour carefully onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes - tossing granola half way through baking time. Continue baking for remaining baking time.

5. Once granola is finished baking add in remaining 1/2 cup whole almonds and dried fruit to granola.  Toss gently together and enjoy! 




Happy Maple Almond Granola Making!

1 comment:

  1. I just love making granola at home, this maple almond recipe looks wonderful! Love your pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis